Thursday, August 13, 2009

PATMAN A.K.A SonOfChicago


Now Before I start Please READ:

LeBron puts local rapper in game

CHICAGO Sun-Times Article.


Basketball star LeBron James is encouraging a local rapper to step up his game and shoot his best shot.

West Side rapper Patman is among local artists chosen to show their stuff today at Seward Park for the kickoff of a 10-city international tour promoting James' film documentary "More Than a Game" and the Nike Air Max LeBron VII shoe -- both fall releases.

At the 2:30 p.m. public Chicago stop, James and Mayor Daley will salute 1,000 After School Matters NeighborSports youth.

Patman's appearance at the event is the latest in a string of performances before high-profile entertainment industry shot callers -- no easy feat in an arena that tends to celebrate things he leaves out of his lyrics, said Vincent Norment, Patman's manager.

"No profanity. Not degrading women. He's rapping about things uplifting to the community," Norment said.

But the 19-year-old rapper, born Patrick Meighan, is honest. He's returning a $10,000 check he mistakenly received from Fox network -- one intended for TV executive editor Patrick Meighan.

He prides himself on his ability to express himself without crude language.

"I actually get respect for it, because sometimes people's vocabularies aren't as advanced as mine," he said.

Now I've been Knowing PatMan for awhile & I mean when I first saw him on myspace one day I was just browsing through the top artists thing to promote My group & I had added him being who I am I just thought he was cute you know. So later that day I had went back on his page & he had this song called"hotter then the son" An when herd I was like this is hot & what I liked about his rapping is he used no curse words or anything & it sounded better then some songs with cursing.Since from that day on I been Supporting & Promoting anything he does. & he's ILL at what he does so I hope the Music industry sees his Talent like I do.

http://twitter.com/sonofchicago
www.sonofchicago.com

No comments: